Muammar al-Gaddafi Son, Saif al-Islam Surprising Appearance Of Prey. The opponents of the regime had reported arrest, now Saif al-Islam appeared in front of a hotel in Tripoli. The son of dictator Muammar al-Gaddafi spread rallying journalists. It was a surprising appearance on the night of Tuesday: the son of Gaddafi wanted for crimes against humanity, according to the British BBC, Saif al-Islam said its not in the hands of the Libyan rebels. He was met at large and in Tripoli in the hotel Rixos with journalists, it was said on the website of the channel. He was driven in an armoured vehicle. Many foreign journalists have their quarters in the hotel, situated in an area controlled by government troops.
Therefore, Saif countered reports that the victory of the rebels was almost perfect. “I am come to dispel the rumors, We have broken the backbone of the rebels“, he said according to the BBC during the short presentation. He have shrugging answers the questions of whether his father was still in Tripoli and in security. “Tripoli is under our control,” He announced to want to take a tour of the city, to show that it is safe.
According to the BBC report remained unclear during the short performance at the hotel, whether Saif al-Islam al-Gaddafi from the hands of the rebels was Impeachments or have located at all not at its mercy. As it was called next, the devoted broadcaster al-Urubah aired a brief explanation of the Gaddafi son at night when he was caught and taken.
The performance shows the situation in Tripoli is diffuse. Many messages can not confirm independently. As the rebels had said that they had captured Saif al-Islam on Sunday night. He is as well as his father and his brother-in-law, intelligence chief Abdullah Sanussi, wanted for crimes against humanity by the International Criminal Court. Chief Prosecutor Luis Moreno-Ocampo had already talked on Monday with representatives of the Libyan Transitional Council on a possible transfer of Saif al-Islam to the Hague.
Battle for Gaddafi’s residence
Meanwhile, the fighting around the residence of Gaddafi’s in Tripoli continued during the night. As the Arab news channel al-Arabija reported, citing details of the rebels, NATO also attacked the property in the District of Bab al-Asisija. Heavy explosions had been heard.
Now, the rebels control up to 95% of the Libyan capital on the night of Monday according to own statements after their invasion. The residence of the dictator in a heavily secured military area but in the hands of government troops. A bunker system in the plant is considered a possible location of Gaddafi’s. Other speculation that the dictator in direction to Algerian border or in his hometown of Sirte have issued controlled by government troops.
As the Arab news channel al Jazeera reported on the night of Tuesday, rebels found two bodies, where it could be Sanussi and Chamis al-Gaddafi, another son of Muammar al-Gaddafi. Chamis al-Gaddafi, who commanded an elite unit of the forces of his father in the fight against the rebels, several times by the rebels dead. The regime had rejected the information each time. Monday’s escape succeeded in Gaddafi’s oldest son Mohammed after reports of the rebels. He had arise according to the invasion of the rebels on Sunday night and had been put arrest under house. Later, he would escape with the help of government troops.
Help from Misrata
The Libyan rebels adjusts on a prolonged battle for the estate of Muammar al-Gaddafi in Tripoli. “I’m assuming not, that the capture will be easy“, said Abdul Hakim Ghoga, spokesman of The National of Transitional Council, in an interview with al Jazeera. The inhabitants would have but little chance of escape from Bab al-Asisija. Control points are also been built at the City entrance of Tripoli, so that Gaddafi’s son could not escape Mohammed.
In their fight for control of Tripoli, the rebels have received further reinforcements from the port city of Misurata. Several ships with around 500 fighters and weapons on Board had reached the city on Monday, more insurgents are reached via the coastal road, was announced by the military Council of Misurata. Gaddafi’s soldiers had fired at the convoy on the road to Tripoli and killing three rebels. More fighters would continue their advance on Sirte, Gaddafi’s birthplace, Misurata from.
In the city, the Libyan armed forces according to the US have again fired a Scud missile on Monday evening. Where the missile landed and whether there were injuries, was not initially known. The Libyan Government forces had fired on 15 August a Scud missile for the first time since the beginning of the conflict. It was shot down in the vicinity of Sirte and landed in the desert outside of Brega. No one injured.
Tuesday, August 23rd, 2011, 11:49:54 am
News about: Featured, Politics
Jason is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com (amazon.com, endless.com, smallparts.com or myhabit.com).Follow @TheAsiaSun
Comments are closed